In the unfortunate event that you need make a claim against your insurance, you should first find out the name of your insurance company. This appears on your schedule and policy documents.
Depending on who your insurance company is, your claim will be handled as follows.
For classic car and bike policies insured through Hiscox:
Please call us on 01376 574000 (option 6). We will act as your initial and day to day contact or news on your claim progress
For all other insurance policies arranged via ourselves:
Please call us on 01376 574000 (option 6).
We will give you a dedicated contact point at your insurer. You will need to call them directly and they will be responsible for day today updates on your claim.
General advice on making a claim if you’re in an accident
If you’re in an accident you should:
- Never admit at the scene that it was your fault
- Take photos at the scene of the vehicles before they are moved, if possible
- Exchange names and other details with the other driver and get details of any independent witnesses. If a driver refuses to give you their details, your insurer may be able to trace them through their vehicle registration number
- Tell your insurer immediately about the accident, even if you don’t want to make a claim
- If someone is injured, you should show your insurance certificate or cover note to the Police within seven days of the incident
For detailed instructions on what to do in the event of an accident, please click here